Complete Back Office hires smart people who have a passion for business. We are more than individual bookkeepers and back office administrators: we are a team. We enjoy helping our clients thrive by putting action into our values: Confidence, Clarity and Commitment. Our team is growing and we invite qualified applicants who share our values to apply for our open positions.
PT Bookkeeper / Accountant
Overview: Complete Back Office (CBO), based in Arlington, VA, is a premier provider of outsourced financial services for small businesses and nonprofits (www.completebackoffice.com). We are looking to add team members to support our growing client base. We offer big company benefits in a smaller, flexible, non-traditional work environment. If you have a passion for numbers and helping small businesses/nonprofits grow, we would like to meet you!
BE SURE TO INCLUDE A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR IDEAL WORK SCHEDULE WITH YOUR RESUME.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for day-to-day accounting and bookkeeping services for CBO clients and plays a key role in the growth and success of CBO. This is a PT position (average 5-10 hours/week) with the opportunity to work more hours during peak times and to work remotely. Salary starting at $30/hour. We offer the following benefits:
- 401K with company match
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (FT only)
- HSA/FSA (FT only)
- Professional development opportunities
Duties of this position include the following:
- Perform accounting and bookkeeping data-entry and other tasks for assigned clients including but not limited to Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R), Journal Entries, Bank Links, Transaction classifications, and Reconciliations
- Prepare and examine accounting records, including monthly financial statements and other financial reports
- Maintain proper record keeping of financial records, both paper-based and electronic (includes scanning records to save in electronic storage)
- Prepare 1099s
- Use Asana Project Management System to document and track all client-related activities to ensure all tasks are completed on time and accurately
- Use Harvest Time Tracking system to track hours worked for each client and overhead tasks
- Follow all company policies and procedures concerning data security and other confidentiality matters
Required Education and Experience
- QuickBooks experience - minimum 2 years experience with all aspects of QB including A/P, A/R, Reconciliation, Reporting, Bank Links; QB Online experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of accrual accounting and financial reports
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Must have 1 - 3 years experience in bookkeeping/accounting for small businesses and/or nonprofits
- Minimum Bachelors in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Must pass a criminal background check
- QB Online
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Preparation of business tax filings (gross receipts, property tax, etc.)
Click here to apply for this position.